Friday, September 6, 2013

to wage a war

bismillahirrahmanirrahim



It had been a while since I last made an entry. Indeed, procrastination is a thief of time. I had been wanting to write for more than a month but I had not done so until now.

Short entry this is, about a war. With an opponent we know best but often we lost the battle. Ourselves.
The best strategy is to know your opponent. And no one knows us more than ourselves. Right? (I mean human beings, the Almighty know even know the future, He is closer to us than the jugular vein - please refer 50:16)

The irony is, why do we still lose? I mean, myself.
I had a long list of to-do but I did only some. I spent much of my energy and time on 'rest and leisure'. I am still learning to push myself out of the comfort zone. To go beyond my capability. To get myself grilled and baked. I am so sorry that I did not do much for others. I had to. I had to. I had to. Please help me :'(

By the way, this entry is as a reminder for myself. So I won't be a lousy person. I am a person full of commitment and I am committed to my duties.

Few quotes as a reminder:

Untuk berusaha semampunya dengan sepenuh kudrat yang dikurnakan-Nya bukan mencari alasan semampunya.

The best of people are those that bring the most benefit to the rest of mankind- Muhammad p.b.u.h. (Daratquni, hasan)

"We need an intellectual jihad: clarifying our terminology, understanding both our texts and context, reconciling our words and behaviour" - Prof Tariq Ramadan

"Islam is about reconciliation. Reconciling the self with the essential self, conscience with fitra, mind with heart… the path to peace" - Prof Tariq Ramadan


Definition of reconcile: 1]Make (one thing) compatible with (another) 2]Bring into consonance or accord [WordWeb dictionary]

0 comment(s):

Popular Posts

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More