Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ya Allah, do give me strength...

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

This is just a mere 'luahan hati'.

Few days back I was so depressed and demotivated when I was scolded by my clinical mentor in a mock OSCE(Objective Structured Clinical Examination). Hardly able to perform basic skills and failing to answer the pathogenesis of orthopnea-> I was scolded. Perhaps some may think that it was unfair to me since I am such a newbie and I am still learning. Yup, that is so true. Looking back(tadabbur- baru taw maksud sebenar perkataan ni dari segi bahasanya td. Thnx to Ustaz Zaidi for the info), it is not that I was not taught. In fact, my mentor had taught me everything she possibly could. The question is: did I utilise the knowledge? Did I do as she says: "Medicine is about practice, practice and practice". The answer is: no. I hardly practice except a few hours/minutes before the thing started. That caused me to tense up and became anxious and nervous-> hardly able to utilise I had learnt before. Pathetic. One word I could describe myself. Actually, that is the reason I was so depressed and demotivated - realising that I could had done better, provided I did what she says. It is not that I could not do it, it is just a mere fact that I should not taken this lightly. Life is what I deal with. Later on, insyaAllah, if I ever become a doctor. It is not shoes as like a clobber nor woods and tools like a carpenter. LIFE. Allah's most precious gift, provided that sole life is devoted to Allah. Allahua'lam.

Terjemahan Hadith #36:

Diriwayatkan dari Abu Hurairah r.a. dari Nabi Muhammad s.a.w: baginda bersabda "Barangsiapa yang membebaskan orang mu'min dari kesempitan dunia, maka Allah akan membebaskannya dari kesempitan hari qiamat. Dan barangsiapa yang memudahkan orang yang mengalami kesulitan maka Allah akan memberikan kemudahan kepadanya di dunia dan di akhirat. Dan barangsiapa yang menutup aib orang Muslim maka Allah akan menutup aibnya di dunia dan di akhirat. Allah menolong seorang hamba selama hamba itu menolong saudaranya. Dan barangsiapa meniti satu jalan untuk memperoleh ilmu maka Allah akan permudahkan jalan baginya menuju syurga. Dan tidaklah suatu kaum berkumpul di rumah-rumah Allah (masjid) sambil membaca Kitabullah dan mempelajarinya di antara mereka, kecuali turun kepada mereka ketenteraman, mereka diliputi rahmat, dan para malaikat berkerumun di sekelilingnya, dan Allah menjadikan makhluk yang di sisiNya (malaikat) menyebut-nyebut mereka. Dan barangsiapa yang amalnya selalu terlambat maka nasabnya tidak dapat mempercepatkannya.

(Diriwayatkan oleh Muslim dengan lafaz ini)


Ya Allah, grant me the strength I need to carry out this life as You would please and a life which benefits others'.

Life is not about living. It is about utilising it well. A reminder. For myself and you too.

memo: I hope my posts benefits you even a little bit. InsyaAllah

0 comment(s):

Popular Posts

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More